users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XJC plugin for custom Java names capitalization

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:19:52 -0800

Nicola Fagnani wrote:
> I meant capitalize every subword of a composite word, where
> capitalize is intended as capitalize the first letter of a word. But,
> as you noticed, one could easily understand it as capitalize all
> letters of a word.
> So, to resolve the ambiguity, we could call it "camelcase" plugin,
> but XJC in fact already camel case the names it transforms. It only
> omits to do so if the first letter of the subword is already
> capitalized.
> To express this, the name could be "camelcase-always" or "force-
> camelcase", you pick the best or choose another one, I'll adapt the
> code.

OK. "camelcase-always" it is. I added a directory with the said name in
jaxb2-commons, and added you as a developer, too. So you should be able
to commit to the repository.

If you can move your source code, IDE project files, etc under this
directory, that would be great. I also created www/camelcase-always so
that you can host documentation/jars for people to see/download.

If you need any help just let me know.

> I made this with NetBeans 5.0: should I put the netbeans project
> folder under CVS or there is a prescribed format I should use?

NetBeans project files are good. Just put them into the CVS please.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi