users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Collision problems

From: Andreas Pakulat <pakulat_at_rostock.zgdv.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:30:12 +0100

On 24.03.06 07:09:57, Sekhar Vajjhala wrote:
> The prefix specified in jxb:typeName applies to all the
> schema types within the targetNamespace to which
> the <schemaBindings> applies.

That is a problem, because the schema that will be compiled by jaxb
includes various others and those sometimes have different
targetnamespaces. This is too much work as I not only have to find the
first included file defining the "other" targetNamespace, but I also
have some other "entry-schemas" for jaxb to parse that might include
other schema files with the same targetNamespace. So I'd have to write a
binding file for each possible entry-schema...

> If the above is not suitable solution, then you can try the
> <jxb:class> customization which allows you customize
> the name of the generated classes/interfaces.

I'll have a look at that.

> If none of the above is a suitable solution, you can write a
> plugin.

That worked better than I thought, using a NameConverter and overriding
toClassName. I still wonder why the same doesn't work for
toPackageName (see my first post here from yesterday)

Andreas

--
You will pay for your sins.  If you have already paid, please disregard
this message.