users@jaxb.java.net

Different versions of QName class - follow up

From: Kirill Grouchnikov <kirillcool_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:08:13 -0800 (PST)

Following my previous mail on QName LinkageError.

The jsr173_1.0_api.jar contains the version of QName without serialVersionUID (in package javax.xml.namespace). The rt.jar of JDK 5.0_06 contains QName (in the same package) with serialVersionUID.

As i understand, the JAXB 2.0 compiled classes use the former version, while at runtime the class loader may decide to use the JRE version instead - i think this is what causes the LinkageError.

Any reason why the QName classes are different and why JAXB 2.0 is not compiled against the JDK version? I know there's little time left until FCS but this seems like a serious issue.

Kirill

 Yahoo! Mail