users@jaxb.java.net

Re: A question on XjcListener and JAXB 2.0 file generator

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:22:34 -0800

Kirill Grouchnikov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to know the number of generated files in advance?
> It would be very useful to show a progress status in IDE-based plugins.
> If so, is it not too late to add such function to XjcListener - a new

You only know this at a relatively late stage of the compilation ---
when you got a fully populated JCodeModel, you can compute a number of
the generated classes from there.

That's almost all the way to the end of the compilation, as then the
only thing left to do is to actually write them out, which probably
isn't taking a significant time.

Given those, do you think it's still worth it? If so, I can try.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi