users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB compilation plugin

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:23:16 -0800

Malachi de Ælfweald wrote:
> Sure...
> I would rather do:
> <configuration>
> <extension>org.eoti.codemodel.ImplementToJAXBElement</extension>
> <extension>org.eoti.codemodel.ExtendMyBaseClass</extension>
> <strict>false</strict>
> </configuration>
>
> and assume a default src/target directory based on maven standards
> (src/main, target/jaxb), not use any filesets, not use regex, classpaths,
> etc....

Yeah, we can have some values defaulted just in Maven. For example, we
can default to <schema dir="src/main/schemas" includes="**/*.xsd" />.
Similarly we can have some default for loading JAXB extensions, or even
slightly extended syntax.

But do you really care if it's:

   <configuration>
     <strict>false</strict>
   </configuration>

or
   <configuration>
     <xjc strict="false">
     </xjc>
   </configuration>

? I mean, in terms of numbers, those trivial options are the majority,
aren't they?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi