users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Canonical XML support

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:13:33 -0800

Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yeah I'd love to see it. We use JAXB for marshalling document centric
> messages from a swing client to a web services bus and have a cache on
> the client for some messages (similar to a browser cache) - this would
> be a lot better if we had canonical xml to start with.

OK. There is actually an experimental c14n support in the current RI.
If you look for JAXBRIContext.newInstance() in the architecture document
[1], you'd see how to enable it.

I've been receiving a similar internal feedback, which triggered me to
start it. Any feedback appreciated.

I guess it's time to spend more cycles on it...

[1]
https://jaxb-architecture-document.dev.java.net/nonav/doc/?jaxb/package-summary.html
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi