users@jaxb.java.net

Re: cvs checkout

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 07:21:20 -0800

Jonathan Johnson wrote:
> Should I be getting all of
>
> cvs -d :pserver:jonathanjohnson_at_cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs checkout jaxb2-sources
>
> or just
>
> cvs -d :pserver:jonathanjohnson_at_cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs checkout
> jaxb2-sources/jaxb-maven2-plugin

If you really care about saving bandwidth, you can just check out
jaxb-maven2-plugin and work against one of the downloadable JAXB RI
image, like EA3 or nightly build.

Another option is also check out jaxb2-sources/jaxb-ri, as chances are,
if you have two projects side-by-side, your IDE can handle it better
(such as navigation, etc), and it might make it easier to write a plugin.

If you don't care about bandwidth too much, you might just as well check
out the complete jaxb2-sources by one cvs command. But you won't be
using other modules like xsom or txw.

> How is built? Using ant or maven?

The JAXB RI itself is built by using ant. See the instruction in
http://jaxb2-sources.dev.java.net/

> What is the java version target 1.4?

JDK 5.0. JAXB2 uses annotations and generics and all sorts of tiger
features.

> Should I send code to you first or just check it in? If my stuff does not
> build will it break the other build?

As long as you check in code in jaxb-maven2-plugin, none of the other
builds should break. I think it's probably easier if you just check it
in. One can easily lose some changes while sending source code back and
forth via e-mail.

Just be careful not to commit to jaxb-ri, as it does break other
projects and they'll be mad at me :-)

> Lots of little administration questions, new at this ;-).

No problem at all.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi