users@jaxb.java.net

[JAXB 2.0] Failed to initialize JAXP 1.3 DatatypeFactory class

From: <mark_at_javector.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:27:46 -0700

When I try to create a context:

    JAXBContext jc =

      JAXBContext.newInstance("com.example.oms:com.example.css");

I get a runtime exception:

    Failed to initialize JAXP 1.3 DatatypeFactory classCaused by:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.DatatypeFactoryImpl

I used to be able to get around this by putting ${java.home}/rt.jar on the
classpath. However, now when I do that, I am getting this error:

   java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor5
cannot access its superclass sun.reflect.ConstructorAccessorImpl

What is the proper way to set the JAXP 1.3 DatatypeFactory implementation and
put it on the classpath?

Thanks,

Mark