users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB 2 and App servers

From: William Simons <william.simons_at_childrens.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:41:51 -0500

I was wondering if there are any known issues with running JAXB 2 in an
application server like Tomcat or Jetty? I couldn't find any on the issue
tracker...

I'm experiencing different behavior when I run my code as an application vs
when I run it as a servlet. I am calling the exact same static method that
unmarshals a file and I get different results. The file has some
type-substituted elements in it. When I run the code through the application
(Junit test) everything works fine. When I run it through my servlet, the
type-substituted elements are not unmarshalled and I get only the partial
file.

Perhaps Tomcat and Jetty use some libraries that are different than what
JAXB 2 expects?

My WAR file includes the libraries:
Activation
Commons-codec-1.3
Geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4-rc4 (I could probably remove this)
Jaxb-api
Jaxb-impl
Jaxb-xjc
jaxb1-impl