users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XSd key's and keyref's

From: Joe Fialli <Joseph.Fialli_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:32:34 -0400
Vincent Lamareille wrote:
So I come back to my first question, are identity constraints xs:unique,
xs:key and xs:keyref available in JAXB2.0 RI EA or are they still
unsupported?

The schema components for identity constraints, key, keyref and unique,  are supported
as part of JAXP 1.3 validation that can optionally be enabled as
part of JAXB 2.0 unmarshal and marshal.

From JAXB 2.0 specification:

6.11 Identity Constraint
An identity constraint does not represent any data, it represents a constraint that is enforced by validation.
These constraints can be checked by optional validation that can be enabled at either unmarshal and/or marshal time.

-Joe Fialli, Sun Microsystem