users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XSd key's and keyref's

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:48:13 -0700

Vincent Lamareille wrote:
> But it seems really intricated to express this simple constraint in XML
> Schema with key's and keyref's and get it in code after compilation?
>
> Has somebody a simple explanation for this problem?

I didn't exactly follow the constraints you are trying to enforce, but
it's very normal for a schema not to capture all the necessary constraints.

Take schema-for-schemas as an example. When you say <xs:element
name="foo" type="something" />, there are referential integrity that
requires "something" to be defined as a type somewhere, but it is not
possible to capture this in a schema.

> Can I do it with jxb: annotations?

You can write code to check those constraints, but I don't think we have
any customizations like this.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi