users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB generated Java Model + JXPath

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:00:39 +0200

Hi.

> Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but I would imagine that you might be
> able to do something like this:
>
> Object select(Object context, String xpath)
> {
> // get context jaxb annotations
> // get first part of xpath
> // look for match
> // if match found, call select with the match, and the remaining xpath
> }
>
> Obviously that only handles the /foo/bar scenario, but adding simple
> predicates wouldn't be too hard, and I imagine those two would give
> most people the functionality they're after.

To process the XPath query with Hibernate, we'll need to convert XPath
into HQL. I'm not sure if it's that simple...

I'll think about that. Having XPath/XQuery-based queries makes HyperJAXB
a competitor for things like Tamino/eXist etc. However the topic is much
more complex than it seems. I've already researched the possibilities to
process XPath in RDBs two or three years ago.

Bye.
/lexi