users@jaxb.java.net

Help on retaining XML->Java mapping

From: Venkat Reddy <vreddyp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:23:19 +0530

hi Koshuke,

I work with Ashutosh, and thought I would also throw some light on
this problem we are trying to solve.

Given an XML schema, we need a means to prepare a map of all the XML
types encountered in the schema with the corresponding JAXB specific
Java type names. This information is required for us in some other
code generation process.

We thought that, the JAXB compiler should provide a means to get a
collection or map of all the XML types / Java types in a way that is
independent of vendor-specific JAXB compiler. In other words, we felt
that JAXB API should enforce this facility on the JAXB compiler.

May be I lack the full knowledge of the API. Please guide us if there
is already an existing means to meet this need, in a vendor-neutral
way.

Thanks!
Venkat