users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Use of anyAttribute in a schema

From: Dmitri Colebatch <colebatchd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:27:36 +1000

> Michael C. Bruton wrote:
> > I want to use JAXB to generate just the SOAP part of the message.
> > Once I have that document created as a file, I already have the code
> > to send it.
[snip]
On 7/22/05, Joe Fialli <Joseph.Fialli_at_sun.com> wrote:
> JAXB 1.0 only implemented a subset of XML Schema. It did not support
> anyAttribute, hence the warning.
> JAXB 2.0 supports 100% of XML Schema, including anyAttribute.

Michael - a word of warning though, there are a few gotchas in doing
what you're trying to do. You might want to search the bug archive
for soap issues. You actually need to modify the schema in order to
make it compile - see the archives for the discussion, its a major
flaw in JAXB 2.0 imho.

cheers
dmi