users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Support for DTD and other..

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:13:02 -0400

Ranjith,R wrote:
> Hi
> Support for DTD is experimental..what is the future of DTD support?
> because we have a few applications that uses DTD based generation
> mechanism.

We provide support for DTD and RELAX NG in the RI, but we don't ever
expect the JAXB specification from defining standard bindings for
these schema languages. We don't plan on removing this functionality,
but sometimes these decisions aren't completely up to us, so there is
some risk that they may disappear from future versions. That's why
we say they are experimental. Right now, support for these features
seems pretty safe and we intend to continue providing them. If you're
using JAXB 2.0, we don't have full RELAX NG support yet, but are
planning on it for beta.

> Also, I face a strange problem when I have a very deep nesting of XS:
> complexType elements. The generated class names become too long (due
> to static inner classes) and in windows such file names are sometimes
> not recognized completely - Is there a work around?

I believe the latest 2.0 weekly bundle contains a new customization
to flatten deeply nested hierarchies. Try using:

    <jaxb:globalBindings localScoping="toplevel">

The default for this attribute is "nested".

Thanks,

--Ryan