users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Strange plugin problem

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:15:55 +0200

Hi.

>> However, seems like it'll be quite uneasy and I'd be greateful for
>> your support.
>
> It's really high on my priority list. I'll do everything I can.
> Unfortunately I'm traveling this week and I only have a limited
> connection. So allow me some time to fix the issues you filed in
> IssueTrack.

Sure. Currently, I don't have big blockers from the JAXB side.
Customized elements, attributes (issue 59) are very important, but not
blocking.

I have big problems with JSR-220 in Hibernate. Seems like Hibernate
annotations do not support collections of primitive items:

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=938240

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HBX-109?vote=vote

And this is, of course, very bad. And pretty much blocking.

There are other problems with annotations, so I've finally decided to go
the old XDoclet-based model at first. Later, when Hibernate Annotations
support more Hibernate features that I use, I'll switch to annotations.

By the way, I'd like to add XDoclet support to XJC code model. I'll send
you the patch.

Bye.
/lexi