users@jaxb.java.net

RE: how to make a class implement Serialiazable without changing the schema?

From: George Datuashvili <George.Datuashvili_at_Siebel.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 20:19:57 -0600

Do you really need all generated objects to be java serializable?

You could implement some top level java-serializable object that would
xml-serialize generated objects into string, and then send that string
into ObjectOutputStream.

The added benefit to this approach is looser coupling: wire contract
(plus versioning, etc) will be defined by shape of xml document.

Thanks
-gia