users@jaxb.java.net

migration from xmlbeans to jaxb?

From: Dmitri Colebatch <colebatchd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:08:37 +1000

Hi list,

I'm doing some initial investigation into the possibility of migrating
from xmlbeans to jaxb. Our situation is this: we have a desktop app
that has a lot of relatively static data that we get from the server
as the response to a doc-centric soap call. Because we have so many
of these calls, coupled with the relatively heavy memory use of
xmlbeans, we're looking to retain the responses in a lighter object
model. We don't modify these responses, but make heavy use of the
interfaces that xmlbeans generates.

So, I have one real question for now, being is there a straightforward
way to change the generated packages (for namespace
http://foo.com/2005/05/31) from com.foo._2005._05._31 to
com.foo.x2005.x05.x31 (ie to match xmlbeans so we don't have to change
a whole bunch of code)? If this isn't possible, obviously we can
change our code, but if its easily avoidable we may as well. I've
looked

A second, and more general question, is has anyone migrated this
direction previously, and if so did they have any reports on any
gotchas? We use includes and imports in our schemas, but I've done a
schema build that seems to have worked ok so far on the early access
version of jaxb 2.

cheers
dim