users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Peformance of JAXB

From: UCHIDA Hitoshi <uchida.hitoshi_at_canon.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:09:32 +0900

Java Classes generated by xjc.sh compiler contain schema information
codes for validation. Can I delete the codes by using compiler option?

And, the generated Classes contain a main process of Unmarshalling and
Marshalling.
I think that the Unmarshalling and Marshalling processes faster than
using refrection API for mapping XML data into member variables of
Java Classes.
But I think, if the refrection API is used for the processes,
the generate codes would be smaller.
Why the Unmarshalling and Marshalling process is contained in the
Classes?
For performance? I know the refrection process is heavy.
But the heavy process is only first data mapping.
Later, refrection would not be used.