users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [ANN] source code for JAXB RI 2.0 EA

From: Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbarayan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:25:59 -0700

I think I got it but let me verify with you...

[1]I went to this URL,
https://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb20-ea/
and clicked the src link.

[2]Accepted the license and immediately it downlods this jar file,
JAXB_RI_src_20050407.jar

[3]Then i did,
java -jar JAXB_RI_src_20050407.jar

[4]The result of the above step is, a license window & followed by this
file,
jaxb-src.zip

This ZIP has all the src code and when i unzip it, it creates a
directory called "jaxb-ri-20050407" and I could see annotation package
inside it...

 From this i concluded that it's a 2.0EA code and NOT the previous version.

You might want to consider simplify the unjar process like the binaries.

Thanks,
Uday.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Uday Subbarayan wrote:
>
>> There are 2 files in the download,
>> [1] 04/12/2005 03:57 PM 4,696,899 jaxb-src.zip
>

> Not sure where you get this.
>
>> [2] 04/12/2005 03:56 PM 4,559,015
>> JAXB_RI_src_20050407.jar
>

> This is the right one. If you follow the links from
> http://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb20-ea/, I think this is the only bundle
> you'll get:
>

>> and it looks to me that [2] is the correct one.
>>
>> But when i try to do,
>>
>> C:\projects\Sonoa-Systems\Product\Sun\JAXB\2.0EA\src>jar -xvf
>> JAXB_RI_src_20050407.jar
>> inflated: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>> inflated: Main.class
>>
>> I am getting nothing ?
>

> Follow the instruction on the page and run
>
> $ java -jar JAXB_RI_src_20050407.jar

 Uday Subbarayan
 I don't blog but e-write: http://uds-web.blogspot.com