users@jaxb.java.net

Re: raw xml in wildcard content

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:16:09 -0800

StopSpam wrote:
> So far I can access the content using dom binding, but this destroys the
> document for
> signature verification purposes as the original RAW XML DATA is modified
> during
> unmarshalling and by introducing namespaces etc..

Right.

> Is it possible to read the xml content (or input stream) as presented to
> the parser
> between the <XMLData> tags?

Hmm, not really. If XJC doesn't append proper namespaces on DOM
elements, in general by the time you marshal it out, the meaning of
those elements may change in an unexpected way.

If you need to keep the original infoset intact, you can first unmarshal
  the whole document to DOM, then unmarshal it into JAXB. That way, you
can perform the signature verification against DOM.

We are thinking about adding a feature in the 2.0 RI so that when you do
this, you can jump between JAXB object <-> DOM nodes more easily.

Is this something that would help your case? Or not really?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi