users@jaxb.java.net

Multiple version handling

From: Vallamshettla, Anand <Anand.Vallamshettla_at_tgslc.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:43:55 -0600

We have industry standard schemas that will be revised every quarter or
so. And most of the changes may be adding an element or making the
element optional i.e micro version changes such as changing from 1.0.2
to 1.0.3.

In these instances, we can add support by generating classes with JAXB
2.0 with the new schema and etc. But the trickiest part is having to
support all the versions related to a major version i.e '1' in this
case, which means we need to support 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and may be 1.1.1 etc.
In this case we would end up with multiple sets of objects that
represent each version.

NOTE: In a given major version, structure of the document wouldn't
change.

Is there any way in JAXB so that we can compile multiple versions of
schema and end up with only one set of Objects just like in XMLBeans?

Thanks,

Anand Vallamshettla