users@jaxb.java.net

Re: InterleaveExp object growth

From: Kesavan T.S <tskfloyd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 04:58:06 +0000

Hi Kohsuke,
I tried the switching to using a single jaxb context and reusing Unmrshaller
and upgraded to jwdsp 1.5. But from what I see the InterLeaveExp objects do
not show up in heap dump only when I do not call setValidating(true) .
Also the marshalling time taken is very inconsistent when unmarshalling The
time range in the test we have seen to unmarshall iis between 2ms to 60
seconds. Does every call to setValidating() have any performance penalty.
This is the change I made

private static JAXBContext jc = JAXBContext
.newInstance(PKG,MyClass.getClass().getClassLoader());
private Unmarshaller unmarshaller = jc.createUnmarshaller();

public Object unmarshall(String xml,boolean validate)
{
unmarshaller.setValidating(validate);
return unmarshaller.unmarshal(new StreamSource(new StringReader(xml)));
}

Also how does the JAXB choose its XML parser we are using xercesImpl.jar
1.4.4 verison. Could that impact the performance.
I really your appreciate help and recommendation. Our transaction volumes
are increasing I would appreciate any recommendation to improve the
performance

Regards,
kesavan