users@jaxb.java.net

RE: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : co m/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/serialize/OutputFormat

From: Beech Tanya <TBEECH_at_qinetiq.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:11:47 -0000

I've set the path using classpath, I know this isn't ideal, but the java
-classpath option didn't appear to work. Having set the classpath using the
environment settings window I then attempted to run the command line again.
I got the same result as already posted. I will attempt to create a ant
file, this may help.

com/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/serialize/OutputFormat means that the code
is attempting to find a class that isn't there? Is the message telling me
that I should have a jar file. I have serialise\OutPutFormat.java file.
its just that somewhere on the web someone had a similar error message only
a different file path given, in this case com/sun/tools/javac/Main and the
response was to ensure that tools.jar was on the classpath. Any ideas, I'm
running out of them.

Kind Regards

Tanya Beech
Intelligence Systems