users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: co m/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/serialize/OutputFormat

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:23:39 +0100

Hi.

> Excuse me for being thick, but where I am to put this code segment? I've
> attempted to put it in the top level schema 'Mpeg7-2001.xsd' but I get
> errors in xmlspy saying that 'unexpected element 'fileset' in element
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema. Expected schema. I'm really not sure
> where it should go.

The XML fragment I posted comes from my build files for the Ant build
tool. See http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.4/jaxb/ant.html.
You might want to migrate your build process to Ant, which is de-facto
standard for Java project building.

> Could I add all the jar files and paths to the class path using the windows
> environment variables interface?

Adding jars through environment variables (I guess you mean CLASSPATH
here) is not the best idea. You may simply do

java -cp lib/dom.jar;lib/jax-qname.jar;...

and so on (assuming lib is the directory where all your jars are).

Still, I do recommend to migrate to Ant.

To Kohsuke: wouldn't it be nice to have something like "JAXB Project
Template", where the developer would only need to place his schema files
in /schema and run the Ant build? Pretty much like HyperJAXB provides a
"just add schemas" project template
(https://hyperjaxb.dev.java.net/bin/template.zip).

Bye.
/lexi