users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Customization namespaces and "vendor extensions"

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:32:21 -0800

Aleksei Valikov wrote:
> Hi.
>
>> I guess one simple approach would be for the JAXB RI to designate one
>> schema component for a class and one schema component for a property.
>
> ps. And I would really prefer these schema components to be JAXB schema
> components - just like jaxb:property and so on - so that they could be
> defined in an external binding file. Sometimes you simoply can't touch
> the schema.

Oh yes, the JAXB RI can take care of external binding file handling.
Just like you can write XJC extensions [1] to an external file, the
proposed mechanism should allow all contributed extensions to be written
in an external file.

Is that what you mean by "JAXB schema components"?

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.5/jaxb/vendorCustomizations.html
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi