users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Comparing two jaxb-generated objects by value

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:38:40 +0100

Hi.

> I downloaded hyperjaxb.jar and jaxb-verification.jar and put them
> under jaxb/lib, then i modified my build file according (I think)
> to your sample ; when i run ant, i get a java.lang.NullPointerException
> when building sources at the first line where i specify xjc :
>
> <xjc schema="configuration_test.xsd"
> package="meteorage.jobs.params.configuration" target="../gen-src">
> <produces dir="../gen-src" includes="../gen-src/**/*.java" />
> <arg line="-nv"/>
> <arg line="-extension"/>
> <arg line="-Xverification"/>

Actually if you only need "equals", you don't need -Xverification.

> <arg line="-Xequality"/>
> <arg line="-use-runtime meteorage.jobs.jaxbruntime.impl.runtime" />
> </xjc>
>
> is there a mistake, sth missing ?
>
> some source files are generated under a folder "verification"
> at the same level as "impl" ; it contains files "...Verifier.java"
> definig ckeck.. methods ; in folder "impl" methods
> equals(java.lang.Object obj) are generated
> in files ...impl.java ; all seems ok except this NullPointerException
> which prevents
> from compiling sources

I suggest to continue the investigation in the jaxb-verification
project. Please file bug [1] and send me your schema for investigation.
I would also like to propose to continue with the discussion in
users_at_jaxb-verification.dev.java.net mailing list [2].

Bye.
/lexi

[1]
https://jaxb-verification.dev.java.net/issues/enter_bug.cgi?issue_type=DEFECT