users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Problems parsing the IFX 1.5 Schema

From: Joe Fialli <Joseph.Fialli_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:32:49 -0400

Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East wrote:

> Perry, Steve wrote:
>

>> However, I am still getting the Unique Particle Attribution error
>> (which, to get past I had to comment out each offending element in
>> the IFX 1.5 schema). Ryan mentioned earlier on this thread that you
>> guys run the IFX 1.5 schema through your nightly build, so how are
>> you handling this?
>>

> We disable schema validation with -nv.
>

>> Is this a problem with the IFX schema? XMLSpy reads the schema in
>> without complaining.
>>

> Looks like a problem with the schema (and XMLSpy).
>
> Here's a pointer with follow-ups from Joe and Kohsuke:
>
> https://jaxb.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=518

I could not get to my original answer on this from link above.

In layman terms,
XML Schema did not want to require look ahead so the
warning is that the content model is ambigious and requires
look ahead.

However, below are links into the XML Schema specification
that describe the error the Xerces is identifying.

http://w3c.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-nonambig
http://w3c.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#non-ambig

-Joe