users@jaxb.java.net

Re: ValidationEventHandler returns only parent object through ValidationEvent.getLocator().getObject()

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:19:22 +0200

Hi.

>> The task might be the same, but JAXB is different, as it deals with
>> schematic models of object structures - including constraint
>> information. In principal, JAXB has enough information to construct
>> "object validator" you're mentioning below.
>
> JAXB can help contribute the constraint set it finds in the schema.

One question: is it somehow possible to produce datatype validation
expressions from the information contained in grammar? I mean,
expression tree may be compiled into a a set of predicates (getA() must
not be null, getB() can be null, getC() mut not be null and
getC().size() must be greater than 2). But we also need to check
datatypes (strings matching patterns, number values matching given
ranges and so on). Could this information be somehow exported in a form
of code model expressions or something similar?

Bye.
/lexi