users@jaxb.java.net

RE: JAXB - Automatic creation of mandatory children

From: George Datuashvili <George.Datuashvili_at_Siebel.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:17:43 -0600

One example is use of separator elements for schema versioning and
extensiblity support. Because of XSD unique particle attribution rule
such patterns is one of the most reasonable ways to deal with version
and extensiblity. Then it's annoying and error prone if xml/object
mapping technology insists on populating all the dummy elements by hand,
even though it could be done automatically.

For more details see use of <bc:delimiter/> on the last xml fragment
here:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/07/21/design.html?page=3

Thanks
-gia

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.