users@jaxb.java.net

RE: Re: ENTITY resolving and (separate) problems with Xerces?

From: Andrew Ferguson <Andrew.Ferguson_at_arm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:25:33 +0100

that looks interesting :)

I'm restricted to using features available in our current code base
(+libs) though, so I'm back to investigating this..

I've got as far as registering an EntityResolver on an XMLReader but
with an xml instance document that starts:

<!DOCTYPE QUERYELEMENT SYSTEM 'http://www.happyhacking.com/mydtd.dtd' [
    <!ENTITY sqltest_external SYSTEM 'SQL EXPRESSION'>
    <!ENTITY sqltest_internal "SQL EXPRESSION">
]>

none of the locally declared entities are reported via the interface -
only the DOCTYPE dtd url is reported.. :(

I don't get why the external entity is not reported - the javadoc for
EntityResolver says "The XML reader will then allow the application to
intercept any external entities (including the external DTD subset and
external parameter entities, if any) before including them" which sounds
like the exact thing that its not doing?

thanks,
Andrew