users@jaxb.java.net

Re: ValidationEventHandler returns strange Locator.Object

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:28:29 -0700

I think what you are seeing is what we expect you see.

I guess a rationale is that if you get a leaf object (like String), then
you have no means of tracking the parent. So we felt that just giving
you the leaf node that violated the constraints wouldn't be suffice.

But at the same time, we don't think what we provide today is
sufficient; we just don't know what should be done.

Looks like you are trying to programatically handle errors, and I'm
curious how you are using it. Could you elaborate on that? Learning
about how it used might help us to come up with something.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi