users@jaxb.java.net

element substitution

From: Malachi de AElfweald <malachi_at_eoti.org>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 09:28:17 -0700

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I have not found it
searching the archives and I have not been very active lately.

I was recently designing a new XSD, and decided to try element substitution
instead of xsd:choice so that it could have a cleaner path to future
enhancements...

In the XSD, I defined a complexType optionConfig, and an abstract reference
element option
I extended optionConfig to flagConfig, valueConfig, and toggleConfig
I created reference element for flag, value, and toggle with
substitutionGroup="option"

In the xsd:sequence, I put the ref="option"

The autogenerated API says that the valid values are option, value, toggle,
flag, and optionConfig
Now, although I would like "option" no not be on the list, the one I am
concerned about is optionConfig. Why is the abstract element's type listed
as a valid child -- the other 3 types are not....

Thanks ahead of time.
Malachi