users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [Fwd: minOccurs="0" problem]

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:21:30 +0200

Hi.

> I am new to XML schemas and JAXB and am having a little trouble with the
> unmarshelling an XML instance. Those with a little more experience will
> probably see the error right away.

> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
> at
> org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)
>
> at
> org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:213)
>
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:385)
>
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:315)
>
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1294)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:670)
>
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:348)
>
> at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:539)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:595)

For me it does not looks like a binding error. It seems to be a common
well-formedness problem, like an opened tag is not closed or you've
forgotten a closing quote. The document fragment you've posted is ok,
but in the stacktrace I see few DTD-related source locations. Try
checking DTDs/entities if you use any.

Bye.
/lexi