users@jaxb.java.net

Re: warnings for unchecked calls on j2sdk1.5

From: R Seth <rseth12312_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
       But these are classes generated by JAXB binder for an input XML file. JAXB binder parses the given XML file using an XML schema thus generating these classes. If either the JAXB tool or the XML schema does not support generation of "generics-savvy" classes (one example of warning attached below), then it can not be fixed, right!
          I guess I just want to understand how well compatible JAXB is with java 1.5. If it is not then the classes generated by it are always going to create little troubles like this when compiled with java 1.5.
         Any help or pointers is highly appreciated.
----------------------------
jaxb/impl/runtime/GrammarInfoFacade.java:123: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to <T>toArray(T[]) as a member of the raw type java.util.ArrayList
            (GrammarInfo[])(gis.toArray( new GrammarInfo[ gis.size() ] ) ) );

Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM> wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the only way to fix the warning is not to use the
raw type, and if so, it's gonna take a little while to get it done.

If somebody knows other ways to fix the problem, that would be greatly
appreciated.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com