users@jaxb.java.net

Collection Accessibility

From: Brett Randall <brett_s_r_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:36:09 +1100

Hi,

Thanks for the response to [Child->Parent Element Navigability - JAXB].

Another thing on my "JAXB wishlist" is improvements to Collection
accessibility. Currently parent.getChild() returns a List which must be
iterated to find a specific Child.

Again, this is a limitation I have struck using Castor.

Additional child element accessor methods using a key would be really
useful, particularly if implementations could provide constant-time access,
perhaps via a HashMap. Maybe these methods could be generated based on the
existence of <xs:key>s in the schema.

Is there a publicly available forum for what is being considered in JSR222,
or is this the best forum to raise these questions?

Thanks

Brett Randall