users@jaxb.java.net

xjc:typeSubstitution type="complex", xsd:ID and com.sun.xml.bind.marshaller.IdentifiableObject

From: David Walend <david_at_walend.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:50:41 -0500

I'm working with jaxb 1.0.2.

I'm trying to use <xjc:typeSubstitution type="complex"> for some objects
with xsd:ID and xsd:IDREF attributes. Just adding the tag breaks things.
(Removing it fixes the problems, but then I can't use the feature.)

Inside of the jaxb-generated TypeImpl.java, the code tries to cast the
xsd:IDREF instances to com.sun.xml.bind.marshaller.IdentifiableObjects.

But the objects don't implement the interface, so I get a
ClassCastException (took some digging to find it.
Util.handlePrintConversionException looses it inside an
AbortSerializationException).

IDs work fine without <xjc:typeSubstitution type="complex">. (I need
the typeSubstitution to give the jaxb-gnerated objects some behavior.)

Is this a known bug fixed in the latest weekly drop? (Should I be using
those instead of JaxB 1.0.2?)

Is there a work-around?

Thanks,

Dave