users@jaxb.java.net

jaxb inheritance problem

From: Mr Levente Bokor <lbokor_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:43:22 -0800 (PST)

I'm pretty new to this JAXB stuff, and I would like to
use JAXB to generate some use-case SDO objects based
on a super class SDO object. Every use-case SDO object
must be a subclass of a message SDO.
At this moment I have one XSD schema file for the
messageSDO super class with a header and a body in it.
For every use case apart I want a XSD that defines the
use case specific body, meaning that for every use a
class must be generated that extends from the BodySDO
object. I have done this for one use-case by using the
<xs:extension base="body"> tag. Only when I go to
Unmarshal the XML generated by the marshall process I
get a ClassCastException.