users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Sun vendor-defined marshaler property names

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 08:50:16 -0800

Sounds like a good idea, but I guess doing that in the suggested
MarshallerImpl class is not a good idea (as it is supposed to be an
implementation detail class that shouldn't be visible to outside)

But they could go into the com.sun.xml.bind.Constants class or something,
I guess.

> Would you make the following constants in
> com.sun.tools.xjc.runtime.MarshallerImpl public, so that applications
> can leverage them?
>
> private static final String INDENT_STRING =
> "com.sun.xml.bind.indentString";
> private static final String PREFIX_MAPPER =
> "com.sun.xml.bind.namespacePrefixMapper";
> private static final String ENCODING_HANDLER =
> "com.sun.xml.bind.characterEscapeHandler";
> private static final String XMLDECLARATION =
> "com.sun.xml.bind.xmlDeclaration";
> private static final String XML_HEADERS =
> "com.sun.xml.bind.xmlHeaders";
>
> For example:
>
> marshaller.setProperty( MarshallerImpl.XMLDECLARATION, Boolean.FALSE
> );

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi