users@jaxb.java.net

Re: progress + problems with using JAXB over webstart

From: <Andrew.Ferguson_at_arm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:39:12 +0000

hi Ed,

>First, does your application require permissions not granted by the
>default sandbox?

yes - the application needs harddisk write access, and network access (over
RMI) to a server other than the serving webserver

>Second, are you still trying to sign the signed jars? We signed them to
>obviate the need for users to do that, so would be interested in your
>motivation in wanting to do so.

I'm not trying to sign the jaxb jars anymore (I briefly was when I found
you couldn't describe a list of jars in a jnlp file that were signed by
different people - but read the lopica FAQ* and now have a separate
jaxb.jnlp file which describes only the jaxb jars)

So in summary, I have two jnlp files

      myApp.jnlp
            - this lists jars that we've produced and signed as resources
            - links to jaxb.jnlp
      jaxb.jnlp
            - describes jaxb jars

and the current workaround is to change this to

      myApp.jnlp
            - this lists jars that we've produced and signed as resources
            - also in the list is a home-brewed (unzipped, jarred and
signed with our keystore) relaxngDatatype**
            - links to jaxb.jnlp
      jaxb.jnlp
            - describes jaxb jars
            - minus original relaxngDatatype.jar

thanks,
Andrew
* http://lopica.sourceforge.net/faq.html#sign-third-party-jars
** this is only for internal testing (expect we are not licensed to
distribute the home-brewed version..)