users@jaxb.java.net

Exactly what validation does the unmarshaller ignore when use setValidating(false)

From: Adrian Brogan <adrian.brogan_at_burnsecs.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:35:49 -0000

I have an XML schema that defines say element B to be mandatory. If the
source data omits this element, the unmarshaller's default event handler
throws an exception when it encounters the next element after B stating
that it is unexpected. If I call setValidating(false) on the
unmarshaller, it still throws the same error. So I guess my question is,
exactly what types of validation are ignored when validation is disabled
on the unmarshaller?

Regards

Adrian