users@jaxb.java.net

Re: UnmarshallException, unexpected attributes, inconsistent gene rate d classes across namespaces.

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:42:26 -0800

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understood what the problem is.
I think the fix should be easy enough, so if everything goes well, I can
deliver a fix in the next Monday's weekly build post.

If you could file a bug, that would be great.

> <curiosity> As to why SetImpl takes a special interest in "id" in one
> instance
> and "description" in the other I do not know (why not "title"?). Nor can
> I work out what the "state" variable refers to does by reading the generated
> code </curiosity>

The reasoning of the compiler is that since all three attributes are
required, it's going to process them sequentially. And when it does so,
it doesn't really matter in which order you process them.

But as you found out, when there's inheritance involved, this assumption
is not really correct.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi