users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB and empty elements

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:57:50 -0800

I tried the attached schema and converter code and it seems to work OK.
Could you try this with yours? Also, which version of JWSDP are you
using? ("xjc.sh -version")

> I guess this is because "" (empty string) is a legal value for Character
> but not for Integer, but my code in parseInteger check for "" and return
> null, so I dont see why this is not allowed by the Unmarshaller.

But a "string" is not a legal value for java.lang.Character. Could you
check if your datatype converter is being invoked?

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi