users@jaxb.java.net

Response to: xml Processing instructions (Kohsuke Kawaguchi)

From: Simuni, Ilya <Ilya.Simuni_at_gs.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:37:02 -0500

> Is there a way to get processing instructions ie <?my-pi opt1="1" opt2="2"

> ?> recognized by the JAXB parser?

What do you mean by "recognized by the JAXB parser"?

If you want JAXB objects to keep those PIs, unfortunately we don't. If

your PIs are used in a certain limited way (such as they always appear

before the root element), you can parse them by yourself, keep them by

yourself, and then instruct the marshaler to put them.

Or are you saying that you want to use JAXB objects to access the

contents of PIs?

Actually, I meant the second: using JAXB generated objects to gain access to
the defined PI's within the element.
Now I understand that this cannot be done and I would have to resort to
other approaches.
the task at hand is to generate series of XML files based on descriptions
contained in XML file.

thanks for quick response,
Ilya