users@jaxb.java.net

Re: How to generate customized javadoc

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:22:25 -0500

Jimmy Han wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way that I can write my javadoc comments in the
> schema and so to generate customized javadoc from the
> generated Java source files? I will appreciate if someone
> can give a couple of sample schema lines.

The spec requires that we pick up <xs:documentation> content
and add it to our generated javadoc. You can also explicitly
add your own javadoc with the <jxb:javadoc> customization.
Take a look at the inline-customize[1] sample app to see these
in action. Run the Ant build file and it will automatically
generate the javadocs for you after it is done compiling the
schema.

Thanks,

--Ryan

[1] $JWSDP_HOME/jaxb/samples/inline-customize