users@jaxb.java.net

[ANN] Singularity System 2003.09.05-alpha Released

From: Brandon Franklin <brandon_at_thoughtriver.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:52:26 +0930

Hello folks. Those of you who have been reading the JAXB interest list for
awhile have seen posts by both myself (Brandon Franklin) and my brother,
Brian Franklin. For over a year, we've been developing a Java-based
platform that tightly wraps around JAXB for strongly-typed Web Service
description and implementation. We are happy to announce the latest major
release of The Singularity System, under the Reciprocal Public License,
completely free of charge!

We hope that this platform will help promote Java's dominance of the future
of Web Services, as well as creating a robust and flexible platform for
development of pluggable applications of all types.

Thanks to the JAXB Team and Sun for making development of this powerful
platform possible!

Now here's the press release:
Singularity System 2003.09.05-alpha Released

The Singularity System allows developers to easily create applications and
web services based on service definitions expressed in XML Schema language.
This release features improved version management and message routing, as
well as various architectural improvements.

There is no limit to what you can do with Singularity as your base platform.
Documentation is available online for this powerful and extensible
programming system, and seasoned Java engineers will find that it uses the
cutting-edge technologies (like JAXB) that they are already familiar with.
Singularity allows any program developed with it to become "pluggable",
meaning that parts can be swapped out at runtime. "Method calls" in the form
of messages can be sent either to local code or code mounted on remote
machines running Singularity.

The Singularity System can be used to develop games, commercial computing
services, web servers, or anything else you can dream up!

The entire Singularity System is open source under the Reciprocal Public
License, and is 100% free of cost.

The following links can take you deeper into the world of Singularity:
- SourceForge Project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/singularity-sys/
- Project Homepage: http://singularity-sys.sourceforge.net/
- Project Documentation: https://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=76577
- Latest Release Download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=76577&release_id=182477
- Thought River Homepage: http://www.thoughtriver.com

---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
Comment: "rsa-key-20030408"
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIB1Oya5y2gACM7mQX/OWRlaLLstK27x8rTG8+Cu
kXNPCt163dNGYP1OcBhNlMtexN6eVat/L0D1/yMgc5ezYGz5Znqu8tvNUbsDXRdb
MlV7tvohb1wk8qIFx33bAJb3VjGt+4qRgmOkxMqCJvrSwBjiQ06pFsLDFW2BF8mF
8K0/qQ==
---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----