users@jaxb.java.net

Re: ANN: JAXB 1.0.1 now available in JWSDP 1.2

From: Robert Lowe <rmlowe_at_rmlowe.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:07:36 +0800

I'm currently getting internal errors from the HotSpot VM on Windows when I
try to unmarshal using JAXB 1.0.1. :-( I'm still trying to identifiy the
cause, which leads me to a couple of questions regarding dependencies:

- The JWSDP 1.2 installer looks for a 1.4.1 JDK--will JAXB 1.0.1 still work
with Java 1.3?
- The new Release Notes don't explicitly mention any dependencies on the
JAXP libraries. Which are required--I assume at least jaxp-api.jar, dom.jar
and sax.jar, since these are dependencies in the API if I'm not mistaken.
JAXB 1.0 also required xercesImpl.jar and xalan.jar--are these no longer
required?

Thanks,
Rob