users@jaxb.java.net

Bug in new Ant XJC task

From: Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer_at_virgil.nl>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:24:35 +0200

Nice features for the 1.0.1 release[1], I can't comment if all the major
problems with the 1.0 release are gone now, for I'm still in the process
of changing my build scipts.

With the enhanced XJC Ant task I discoverd a bug, the documentation
states that for the new 'up-to-date check' the task will put the schema
and its bindings in the depends set. This is true for the schema but not
for the binding (if it has been specified as an attribute) as can be
seen if you run Ant with the verbose option. By adding the binding file
as a nested element I fixed the problem. But according to what is being
said in the documentation I think it is a bug.

[1] except for the fact the impl.runtime classes are generated and not
part of a standard library. In our case we have a schema B that imports
schema A. The impl.runtime source files are now generated in the package
of schema B. The classes of schema A refer to the package of B, however
all classes of schema B lives in a child class loader of the loader
schema A. That means from the class loader of schema A its runtime
clases are not visible. I realize this is not a standard situation but
at least an option to specify where the impl.runtime classes are
generated would seems to be a nice option. I can work around it with
some extra lines of the build script, but I think having control would
be a nice feature.
--
Mark Brouwer