users@jaxb.java.net

Javadoc on "get" methods

From: Brandon Franklin <brandon_at_thoughtriver.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:19:11 +0930

Hey guys. You know how everybody's always saying "Why isn't there a "set"
method for the method where I get my List???" and how you added some javadoc
to the generated "get" method to help clear it up? I think there's a typo
in there that might continue to cause confusion. This is from a binding
generated using 1.0.1.

     * This accessor method returns a reference to the live list,
     * not a snapshot. Therefore any modification you make to the
     * returned list will be present inside the JAXB object.
     * This is why there's any setter method for the MessageHandler
property.
     *
     * For example, to add a new item, do as follows:
     * <pre>
     * getMessageHandler().add(newItem);
     * </pre>

If you look at the 4th line down, you'll see I think the word "not" got left
out. In fact, I actually think better wording for it would be:
"This is why there is not a <CODE>set</CODE> method for the MessageHandler
property."

Other than that, though, I think the javadoc change you made is a great
improvement and will help alleviate confusion.

Thanks,
-Brandon
 Thought River South

/**
 * There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those
who don't!
 */

---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
Comment: "rsa-key-20030408"
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIB1Oya5y2gACM7mQX/OWRlaLLstK27x8rTG8+Cu
kXNPCt163dNGYP1OcBhNlMtexN6eVat/L0D1/yMgc5ezYGz5Znqu8tvNUbsDXRdb
MlV7tvohb1wk8qIFx33bAJb3VjGt+4qRgmOkxMqCJvrSwBjiQ06pFsLDFW2BF8mF
8K0/qQ==
---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----