users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Code generation error

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:08:53 -0400

Aaron Stromas wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to JAXP, and I've run into an error trying to generate code from my
> schema. The schema is correct, validated by Xerces and XmlSpy, but running
> xjc.sh fails:
>
> $ xjc.sh -xmlschema sps.xsd -b binding.xjb -d .
> parsing a schema...
> at
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at org.apache.commons.launcher.ChildMain.run(ChildMain.java:269)
> at
> com.sun.tools.xjc.GrammarLoader.buildDOMForest(GrammarLoader.java:315)
> at
> com.sun.tools.xjc.GrammarLoader.loadXMLSchema(GrammarLoader.java:346) at com.sun.tools.xjc.GrammarLoader.load(GrammarLoader.java:125)
> at com.sun.tools.xjc.GrammarLoader.load(GrammarLoader.java:71)
> at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver.run(Driver.java:192)
> at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver._main(Driver.java:82)
> at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver.access$000(Driver.java:48)
> at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver$1.run(Driver.java:62)

Aaron,

This normally indicates a problem with the classpath, but since you're running
xjc.sh it should be taking care of all the settings for you. Can you boil
your schema down to a simple test case that reproduces the problem and send
it to the list?

> I need a hint at where I should look. BTW, is it possible to get the source
> code? TIA,

Soon, keep an eye on http://jaxb.dev.java.net

-Ryan